Saturday, November 2, 2013

Wednesday, October 23rd

Wednesday morning Waverly and I went to her four-month-old well check visit at her pediatrician's office.  She was such a good, sweet girl and the doctor really loved that she reached out for her :-)  Our not-so-tiny gal is 17 pounds and 27 inches long, so in the chart she read at being in the hundredth percentile.  We're so thankful for our healthy, precious baby!

After her appointment we ran an errand to pick up a few food-related items for the following days' Passport Club: Russia gathering at our home.  Again, Waverly was such a trooper and hung out in her wrap while we stood in a long, long (forever long) line - she had everyone grinning as she coo'd, smiled, and batted her eyelashes at them :-)  Once we got home though, she was not feeling too well.  Call it coincidental, but I think she was not having a great reaction to one of her immunizations.  Although we do allow the kids to be vaccinated, it's on a very delayed and reduced schedule.  She had previously had only one shot with no reactions (Dtap) and so I am fairly certain that the reaction was from the HIB shot.  When it is time for her to have the second round of it, I think I will have them only do one immunization during that visit and schedule a separate "shots visit" for any others we have slated for that month.


My beautiful girl, laying on the table at the doctor's office; she was only this calm for about 5 seconds and spent the rest of the time rolling, kicking and shredding the paper liner on the bed, hehe


She was completely unwilling to be set down and so I had her in the wrap almost the entire afternoon!  It made for an interesting attempt to clean the house in advance of our passport club group arriving the next day :-p  I actually had to just decide that I would get done what I could comfortably accomplish without disturbing her much and the rest would have to wait til she went to bed for the night.


After a lengthly snooze on mama, she was feeling much more chipper but still needed extra snuggles.  She ended up sleeping great from about 7:00 p.m. to 11:00 p.m. and I'm so glad I had the time to get everything ready for the following day AND thankful that I didn't procrastinate as much as usual and already had most everything ready to go and only needing to actually pull it out and set it up!  Because once she woke up at 11:00 p.m. she was pretty much up the entire rest of the night/next morning :-/

No comments:

Post a Comment