Monday, October 21, 2013

Friday, October 18th

Our attending the Wizard of Oz show at the Center for Puppetry Arts was sort of a happy accident.  I had signed us up 6+ weeks ago, but then the night before $$ was due, I canceled our commitment to attend, because we'd been to a few shows recently and I certainly don't want the kids to lose their enthusiasm for going!  However, the tickets had already been purchased and I didn't want the organizer to be out any personal funds, so I opted us back in and I'm so glad I did :-)  What a fun, well done production by the Frisch Marionettes - a twist on a traditional tale that had the kids swaying to the music and clapping along, and even Waverly watched attentively!  

Post-show we headed to Chick Fil A for lunch and play time.  The baby was *so* good the entire time (drive there, show, drive to CFA, during lunch) and then when we went to leave, my sweet, overly tired WaverCakes just pitched an absolute F-I-T!  At first I was just going to go ahead and leave anyway and deal with the yell-screaming as I drove, but that's always stressful and not to mention more than a little distracting.  So instead, I got her out of the carseat and brought her up front with me where we just played and snuggled for about 15-20 minutes.  I was way ready to be home, but sometimes you just have to take a deep breath and enjoy sleepy snuggles with a little one while your other three chat your ear off about all the awesomeness that has transpired.



Ready to depart and drive in-town to the show with my goofballs~


My three lovely ladies and handsome dude.  Please note how my four-month-old is roughly half the size of my 6-year-old :-o



This blurry picture of some of our SASCH group kids running around is indicative of how it actually feels when you're there, watching in person.  Just a blur. lol  It looks like we had the place to ourselves, but on the opposite side of the wall (on the right) was about 100+ school kids.


Olivia wanted to hold Waverly when they were seated - so sweet :-)  But she was all, "I'm done, she's heavy" lol


Post-CFA, post-angry fit in the carseat, post-27 rounds of "Old Rugged Cross" which the kids call either "that song that calms Waverly down" or "On a hill."  Much calmer and self satisfied :-p


Finally chilled 100% and ready to go back in the carseat - she fell asleep about 20 seconds into our drive home :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment