Wednesday, July 31, 2013

Tuesday, July 30th

With a fun puppet show to attend, followed by Scarlett having a Daddy/Daughter in-office work day while the rest of the crew and I joined our fellow SASCH friends for lunch and play, Tuesday was a full, fun day!  We had a wonderful time.


Waverly's first puppet show! :-)  Atlanta's Center for Puppetry Arts is truly a gem of a place for kids, and we have enjoyed every show we've attended.  This time we were excited to watch a performance of Rumpelstiltskin.


There were several other families from our SASCH group there as well, but these were the kids available at the moment so I snagged them all for a picture.


N, Olivia, and Scarlett all sat in a row together.


The boys sat together - J, Judd, and Lincoln.  J was not in the mood to have his picture taken!



The kids and I drove Scarlett to Jim's office and dropped her off there.  She was really excited to have lunch "in the city" and then to be able to work with daddy all afternoon!  They had lunch  at Front Page News in Little 5 Points.


At Chick Fil A, the kids had a blast playing with a gaggle of their friends, and I enjoyed chatting with mine!  Lincoln was especially thrilled that Meredith was there - on the way from the puppet show to drop Scarlett off he told me, "I love Janice AND Meredith."  Uh-oh!  Such a cutie pie :-)


Meredith also spent time charming Waverly, who was sitting with my friend Amanda P.  I was impressed with the smiles that Meredith was able to get out of the baby!  While we were eating lunch, a nice lady (probably mid-50's) struck up a conversation with me and after a while said, "It's okay if you say no, but... can I hold your baby??"  There was a time when I would have found that odd, but I love that people want to snuggle and be sweet to my babies!  I gladly handed her over and she shared a bit of their (her and her husband were eating lunch together there) personal story.  When she handed her back over after some time, she thanked me profusely and said that holding Waverly had blessed her immensely :-)


Meanwhile, back at the office, Scarlett was setting up her area.


 One of the gals on Jim's team set Scarlett up to do some game user-testing.  She thought that was awesome! 


Afterward, she spent a long time designing a game (app) that she thought Jim's company might like to create.  She called it "Noc Thu Gieant" (Knock the Giant) or "Noc" for short.  Love it!  It was a cross between the story of David vs. Goliath and Angry Birds. 


Her second design page was how the "Noc" store might work.  There would be different players available, with different slingshots and even swords if you earned LOTS of coins from defeating the giants in the various levels.  Very creative!  Maybe she will follow in daddy's footsteps :-)






No comments:

Post a Comment