Wednesday, July 10, 2013

Tuesday, July 9th

I was impatient to wait the self-imposed six week mandatory hiatus on major hair decisions after the birth of a child rule, so on Tuesday I headed into the salon for a cut and curl!  I really like the new 'do, and sure appreciated Grammie being willing to watch the kids during my FOREVER-long appointment!


I am not what I would term good at taking self pictures ("selfies"), but nothing an Instagram filter won't help! ;-)


When I got home, the kids were excited to get out in the pool!  We are loving all of this sunshine after so many rainy days.  And the mosquitos are loving ME. I think I acquired 10 new bites/leg despite my layers of bug spray.


Lincoln has been doing so well with his swimming, so I let him take off his arm floaties *in the shallow end, under my direct supervision.*  He did very well and even mastered jumping in and swimming under to the stairs in one awesome maneuver!

After swimming for a while, taking a break inside and then swimming some more with their friend from next door, the crew was ready for dinner and downtime.  The baby had been up a ton the night before, and I was bound and determined to keep her up as much as I could throughout the evening to ensure a more successful night's sleep!  It wasn't too hard though - she was in the mood to be up, and with some jiggling-awake help from Nana, her siblings and her Blanket-Bear (yet to be named) we managed to keep her awake.


She LOVES this bear - it rattles, and one might assume having a rattling bear in her face would not be her favorite, but it is :-)  Scarlett picked out this bear for her a couple days before she was born, and is of course thrilled that Waverly adores it!


Look at that sweet little grin!  I just can't get enough of her :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment