Monday, August 26, 2013

Friday, August 23rd

We had several errands to run on Friday, and because I'm not at all above bribing, I had told the kids that if we could accomplish what we needed to with good attitudes then I would treat them to Chick Fil A for lunch.  I was so pleased with their good attitudes!  Although we couldn't get to every place I'd hoped before it was lunchtime, the kids were really fun and well behaved.  Later (during naps) I was able to run out to the grocery story by myself thanks to my mom!  A bit of cleaning in the evening and we were feeling ready for our SASCH Back to School party the following day.


During a stop at Party City, the kids were eager to point out all of the many Halloween decorations that are already on display.  Scarlett was not a fan of the mask kiosks and conveniently thought "they would scare Waverly" and pushed her sister away in the stroller and then half-hid behind it (see her in the background??). lol  Victoria found this mask and thought it was great.


Of course, Lincoln found the creepiest mask ever and insisted on riding around the store with it on.  A little distracting...


A few stops later, it was time for lunch.  The kids were famished and polished off all of their food and ice cream treats, then played and played.  I think they must have played for at least an hour and were still sad to leave!  Victoria is such a good sharer (most of the time!) and when Lincoln asks for a bite...


She happily serves it up.


Waverly is just the best baby - so content to just be in the middle of the action! :-)


Chick Fil A is promoting their new milkshake, "mocha cookies and cream," and passed out little mini samples - the kids were more than eager participants.


My super handsome guy - he melts my heart!


Recently I was looking through one of Gram's old boxes of pictures and came across this one of me (left, obviously) from when I was 3 or 4.  As I was looking at this picture of Lincoln I was just really blown away by how much we resemble each other!  I'm used to everyone saying that Lincoln looks just like Jim, and he does in a lot of ways, but I'm seeing that he's much more of a mix.  I can definitely see some more resemblance between little-me and Scarlett, too!


Afternoon pool time with Nana!

No comments:

Post a Comment