Monday, August 5, 2013

Friday, August 2nd - My 31st Birthday!

Waking up as a 31-year-old felt... awesome :-)  I was able to sleep in, and was lavished with many rounds of "Happy Birthday!" and of course, lots of special cards that the kids had made for me.  I loved it!  We had a nice day at home, and then in the evening Gram and Nana treated Jim, the kids, and me to a yummy dinner out at Red Lobster.  A wonderful birthday, surrounded by my family :-)



Ever since I cleaned and organized the school/art supply closet, the kids are discovering (or in some cases, RE-discovering) many fun craft items.  Lincoln pulled out our box of stamps and while Waverly napped, he and I spent quite a long while having fun with the variety of stamps and inks that were now all together in one location.


Scarlett and Victoria had been off playing, but eventually made their way to the table and joined us.


Gram took the three big kids out on a special mission to buy a birthday cake for me :-)  When they returned, I let them each have two mini-cupcakes that Gram had also picked up.  Between that and the cookie they'd received at the grocery store bakery, I was set up for the perfect storm of too-much-sugar-induced bad behavior, but instead they played *awesomely* in the back yard for hours!



I didn't catch the full gist of the game the kids were playing, but it involved a giant bucket, a wheelbarrow and of course, the hose. 


I think Victoria sat in that bucket of ice cold water until her legs were nearly numb!


Sweet baby dreams!  I love sneaking in and watching Waverly snooze - she is such an expressive dreamer, with big smiles, heart-breaking frowns, and hearty chuckles as she sleeps.


The whole household crew out to dinner together!  This happens almost... never.  So I definitely had to take the opportunity and ask the waitress to snap our picture :-)  A great birthday dinner - thanks Grammie and Nana!


Some rousing One Potato, Two Potato...


...Three Potato, FOUR! was played while we waited for the food to arrive. 


Lincoln had no idea I was watching him, but I was giggling as he earnestly tried to stare into his cup to spy what was inside.


Scarlett and Waverly~


I love Scarlett's laugh, and Waverly's little smirk :-)


Victoria and Waverly~


A birthday isn't really official until cake has been eaten, so we headed back home after dinner, where the kids placed candles in the top and helped me blow them out, too!  So thankful for my wonderful family showing me such love on my birthday :-)




No comments:

Post a Comment