Tuesday, August 6, 2013

Sunday, August 4th

Waverly is officially TWO months old!  Be still my heart - I can barely believe it.  What an awesome blessing she is, and how seamlessly she has folded into our family :-)  Other than marveling at how fast time is flying by, we had a few around the house chores to take care of on Sunday, relaxed a bit, and then Jim took me out for my last birthday-weekend hurrah!


I definitely need a 12-step program to help me ever lay her down when she falls asleep in my arms. But, she's just too precious!


While Jim power-washed our screened-in porch and the girls hung out in Nana's room, Lincoln, Waverly and I went on a few errands.  One of the places we needed to go was Staples, so that I could get a bulk amount of copies made and shop for a few odds and ends.  As we strolled down one aisle, Lincoln declared, "Mommy, if you were covered all in honey, then you would be amber-ized." He is such a smart, funny guy :-)  Waverly slept the entire time we were out and was excited for some major bounce time in her little seat when we got back home.


Lincoln's version of Story Time with Big Brother: "So this pig has a butt... (turning the page)... and this elephant has a butt..." and so forth and so on.


Shortly after we returned from our errands, Jim and Scarlett took off to go pick up several pallets from our good friends, the Cooks.  They had saved some aside for us, knowing I have a couple of projects in mind for them.


Thanks, Cooks!


My birthday-weekend grand finale surprise... a live production of "Hair" by the Serenbe Playhouse.  It was performed outdoors, and was really, really awesome. When Jim finally revealed to me what the surprise was (on Sunday morning), he told me we would be seeing "Hair," but mentally I just assumed he meant "Hairspray."  TOTALLY DIFFERENT.  Like, we saw buttcheeks level of different.  We agreed that it was maybe not the play for us, but we really appreciated it artistically and had a wonderful time together regardless ;-)


Always working so hard to make things memorable for us - I love you, Jim!



1 comment: