Monday, September 2, 2013

Sunday, September 1st

I had discussed with Jim my need for a couple of extra hours this weekend to prep for our school week.  We would be launching into Science and the remainder of our History curriculum, and I wanted to take the time to print out everything we'd need, review the material, and just make sure I felt ready.  So to facilitate me getting the time I needed, Jim took the three big kids hiking and Nana kindly played with Waverly!  It was so nice to feel as though I was super prepared - thanks guys!!



It was Jim's morning to sleep in, and so I the kids up to paint for a while in an effort to keep the noise level down to a dull roar ;-)


Jim took the crew to Kennesaw Mountain to hike - one of their favorites!


On this particular outing, they took the bus to the top so that they could hike downhill.


They had lots of stories to tell me about meeting a "real soldier" who "wasn't a real soldier from THAT war [Civil], but acted like it and was FOR REAL in another war [Vietnam]."


Such good hikers!


Not always a good plan ;-)


Taking a moment to enjoy the view~


Lincoln enjoyed that on the trail all of the other walkers/hikers referred to him as Captain America when they saw him :-)


Love them!



No comments:

Post a Comment