Wednesday, September 4, 2013

Tuesday, September 3rd

Although this was commencing our fourth week of school, I had been waiting to do "1st Day of School" pictures until after Labor Day.  We had filled out little info. worksheets that told about their favorite things and what they (currently) want to be when they grow up, and why.  They were so cute and I totally stole them from my FaceBook friend Rebecca (she is my grandmother's pastor's wife, always so crafty and creative!).  After we snapped pictures, it was time for a fun outing to INK in Gainesville - quite a drive for us (70 minutes), but we love that place!  We stayed there for several hours before heading home in the early afternoon to beat the crazy Atlanta traffic.  Back home it was a relaxing night, with nothing much notable other than my friend Amanda P. and I joined a little gym near us.  We're going to be trying to go three times a week, so that when the zombie apocalypse happens, we aren't the first ones eaten because we're slow ;-)


Scarlett - First Day of 1st Grade!  Her favorites:
Move - "Turbo"
Color - Red
Food/Meal - Raviolis
Snack - Tortilla Chips
Activity - Playing outside

What she wants to be when she grows up, and why? "A veterinarian at the animal shelter, so I can take care of the animals and doctor them."


Victoria - First Day of 1st Grade!  Her favorites:
Movie - "Despicable Me 2"
Color - Purple
Food/Meal - Nachos
Snack - Pretzels
Activity - Swimming

What she wants to be when she grows up, and why?  "An artist, because I like to do art."



Lincoln - First Day of Preschool!  His favorites:
Movie - Epic
Color - Blue
Food/Meal - Scrambled Eggs
Snack - Fruit Snacks
Activity - Playing Soccer

What he wants to be when he grows up, and why?  "A daddy, because I think I would like to be a daddy."


I tried to get a group picture of them right before we were going to hop in the van and leave - this was my fifth and final attempt (the only one where Lincoln isn't blurry from hopping around...surprising no one) and... Scarlett was mid-sneeze! lol  "A" for effort.


After an amazingly painless haul over to Gainesville, we arrived at INK just after the doors opened!  The kids always race for this grocery store area, one of their favorites.  Lincoln was playing the cashier, and he loves that the scanner actually makes the highly-official "beep" sound when you scan items with a barcode :-)


Shopping for "healthy stuff and brownies." 


The crew!  Lincoln is blurry (of course).


Grammie and Waverly, hanging in the vet's office.  Waverly was such a great baby!  She enjoyed looking all around.


Ready to serve customers at the little diner.


Nap break!  Love her little arm up over/on her head :-)


Lemonade stand.  I have a disproportionate amount of pics with Lincoln in them, as both girls were off playing with a friend a big portion of the time.  Victoria is very good at making spontaneous friends with kids ("Hi, I'm Victoria. Want to be my good friend and let's play together?" Who can refuse such an offer? lol) and had taken up with a little girl named Sarah - the two of them were off and running.


After Scarlett lured Lincoln into the mini-hair salon, he came out and said, "Did Scarly [what he calls her sometimes] put something ON MY HEAD??" I told him I would take a picture and show him and this is how he felt about the bow, haha.


Olivia pushing her broken friend around ;-)  I like Scarlett's injured-person-face.


We made it home around 3:30, and everyone took an hour or so to lounge around and relax. Scarlett was regaling me with the story of how Pixie got in her bed in the middle of the night and scooched around until Scarlett had no room :-)  She loves this cat so much!


Scarlett, her cat, and her two favorite Boos lined up to watch a Martha Speaks. I love that she has the Boos facing the right way so they can watch, too.


The kids and I definitely needed some hot tea to power us through the evening.


After dinner, Gram was letting Lincoln help peel some hard boiled eggs. 


Victoria, doing her most favorite unwinding activity...drawing :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment